- CAS number:
- Diazolidinyl Urea
- EINECS number:
- Preservative / Biocide
- Non Governmental organization
- request by email
Preservative for the cosmetic industry
Nipa Biopure® 200 is a preservative that is highly soluble in water and adaptable enough for a wide range of personal care and detergent based products.
Water (20 °C) 70 %(w/w)
Ethanol 0.01 %(w/w)
Propylene glycol 40 %(w/w)
Glycerol 36 %(w/w)
Nipa Biopure® 200 offers the following benefits:
- broad- spectrum antibacterial activity including both Gram- negative and Gram- positive bacteria
- particularly effective against Pseudomonas spe-cies and other difficult to control Gram- negative bacteria
- effective over the range pH 3.0 – 8.5
- retains activity in the presence of proteins, non-ionic surfactants and most other common ingredients of personal care products
- highly soluble in water < 60 % and readily incorporated into products
Nipa Biopure® 200 may be used in many types of personal care products including shampoos, hair conditioners, creams, lotions, baby products, eyeliners, mascaras and almost all water- based cosmetics and toiletries.
Whilst Nipa Biopure® 200 does have some limited antifungal activity, it is preferable to combine it with a recognized antifungal preservative, for example para-bens, in order to achieve a broadspectrum protection of the formulation. A synergistic blend of parabens and Diazolidinyl Urea (Nipaguard® PDU) is also available.
Nipa Biopure® 200 is typically used at concentrations from 0.1- 0.3 %.
Nipa Biopure® 200 remains fully stable over a wide pH range from 3.0-8.5.
Nipa Biopure® 200 should be incorporated during the cooling stage of hot processes. The recommended maximum handling temperature is 40 °C.